The high-performance UHF RFID system
SIMATIC RF600 for transparent processes in the digital enterprise
As an essential element in digital infrastructure, SIMATIC RF600 offers end-to-end supply chain solutions with an integrated, scalable portfolio of readers, antennae, and tags.
- Scalable portfolio of high-performance UHF readers – now including compact versions
- Large selection of labels and tags for industrial applications
- Wide range of external antennae for all ambient conditions
- Transparency in production and logistics, thanks to simple cloud connections via OPC UA
- Reduced project expenditure thanks to quick and easy access to proven configuration, commissioning, and diagnostic tools via a Web browser
- Proven ‘UHF for Industry’-algorithms
- Reduced engineering costs: Easy integration into the SIMATIC automation environment, for example, the TIA Portal
RFID system SIMATIC RF600 meets the cloud
Unlock the benefits of digitalization for manufacturing and logistics industries with the next generation of RFID. RF600 with built-in OPC UA interoperability opens the door to new applications, spanning wider geograhies and includes cloud-based analytics.
SIMATIC RF600 delivers data to the cloudThe analysis and use of huge amounts of data opens up unimagined potential. You can now use your data efficiently using MindSphere: the cloud-based, open IoT operating system. As a link between the real and digital worlds, SIMATIC RF600 allows operating resources that couldn’t previously be mapped digitally to be registered and tracked. Subsequent analysis makes KPIs like system availability, capacity utilization and energy-saving potential transparent. This enables the optimization of production processes and supply chains, for example, in order to improve efficiency and quality in production, logistics, asset management, and other areas.
Tap potential with the latest solutions
Thanks to SIMATIC RF600, you’ll benefit from an end-to-end solution that ranges from sensors and connections to digital services and cloud-based applications. The easy and secure connection to cloud applications utilizes an industrial IoT gateway, like RUGGEDCOM RX1400 with CloudConnect – SIMATIC S7-1500 and CP1545-1. This is supported by Siemens MindSphere, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and IBM Cloud.
New from Siemens: A scalable portfolio of high-performance UHF readers
Quality and efficiency along the value chainIndividual solutions for all applications, reliable tag recognition, and easy commissioning, maintenance, and servicing: Benefit from multiple advantages united in a single system. Learn how from the following use cases.
- The transportation of similar types of objects via modular and space-saving conveyor systems.
- SIMATIC RF615R and SIMATIC RF650A UHF antenna together form a small gate.
- SIMATIC RF610R is connected directly to a PC on the conveyor system as a standalone solution.
- Compact reader is easy to integrate in small spaces.
- Local response to trigger signals and read events using integrated, digital IOs.
- Cost-efficient gate configuration.
- Equip each workstation with one read point to track objects on the line.
- SIMATIC RF680R and R685R can be networked together with two integrated PROFINET connections each.
- PROFINET networking prevents an unfavorable star structure.
- This makes it easy to implement production controls, for example, and one-time manufacturing to customer specifications.
- Monitor incoming, outgoing, and the distribution of goods.
- SIMATIC RF680R with four antennae monitors the incoming goods gate.
- Sender data on the tag is read and sent wirelessly to higher-level systems.
- Individual packages commissioned according to order, with new recipient data on tags.
- After the packages are checked the gate for outgoing goods is opened or a warning message issued.
- Saves time and prevents errors, thereby increasing throughput.
- Integrated OPC UA interface keeps integration cost and effort low.
- Automatic, cross-location tracking and tracing of goods.
- Installation of SIMATIC RF650R with up to four antennae, sensor technology, and signal at one gate.
- Sensor starts/ends the read process for the tags attached to the product.
- Signal shows red for “error” and green for “clear to go”.
- The data automatically acquired is forwarded to a cloud platform via an Industrial IoT gateway.
- Creates transparency in material flows and prevents errors.
- Worldwide availability of data that is always up to date – including across company boundaries.
- Consistent, end-to-end identification of car bodies, from shell construction to final assembly.
- Heat-resistant SIMATIC RF680L smart labels automatically attached to automobile bodies
- SIMATIC RF685R connected via PROFINET or using ASM456 via PROFIBUS
- Additional SIMATIC RF680A adaptive antenna ensures reliable read results, even in challenging environments
- Uniform identification system reduces costs
- Continuous identification improves quality and productivity
- Acquiring up-to-date information on asset location, condition, and content at all times.
- Information via RFID gates and read points in the area where the assets are located.
- Comprehensive documentation for each process step.
- Information on asset status and contents is written to the tags.
- Transparency over inventory and degree of utilization.
- Comprehensive documentation of product quality and legal requirements.