Testing control system projects and training new operators: what do these two process automation tasks have in common? They can both be achieved with simulation. Join us as Adam Lovette of RoviSys, a Siemens Solution Partner, discusses and demonstrates how SIMIT Simulation Platform is used to support DCS project development, factory acceptance testing, and operator training.
Key learning points:
• Advantages of using SIMIT for Siemens control system simulation
• Overview of new features available in SIMIT V10.3 (released August 2021)
• Comparison of simulation system architectures using virtual vs. real controllers
• How to use simulation for testing graphics, alarms, interlocks, and more
• How to use simulation for operator training and control system familiarization