SITRANS FS230 (Gas)
Clamp-on ultrasonic flow system for gas
The SITRANS FS230 clamp-on, non-intrusive ultrasonic flow meter features best-in-class performance and user-friendly operation, and is well equipped to handle natural, specialty, process gas and liquid flow applications. Comprised of the industry-leading FST030 digital transmitter paired with the extensive and versatile line of FSS200 clamp-on ultrasonic sensors, the FS230 replaces the former FUG1010 for gas flow measurement applications.
Martin Dingman of Siemens Industry, Inc. discusses the new FS230 clamp-on ultrasonic meters for liquid and gas hydrocarbon flow measurement. Topics covered are theory of operation, innovative features and benefits, liquid and gas hydrocarbon applications, installation tips and tricks, and selection criteria.
One of the world’s first digital ultrasonic flow systems, the FS230 features (among others):
- Market-leading accuracy and repeatability – Accuracy of 0.5 to 1.0% of flow rate for all liquids/pipe sizes and repeatability of 0.25% according to ISO 11631
- Available internal AGA 9 gas tables – Simplifying correction for temperature and pressure variations in gas flow
- Industry-leading 100 Hz data update rate – Detects even the smallest variations in flow 100 times a second
- Three resettable totalizers – Allowing simultaneous totalizing for daily, monthly and annual lease production
- Easy to read and use graphic Human Machine Interface (HMI) – Offers intuitive menu-driven navigation as well as step-by-step setup and troubleshooting wizards, with up to 6 user-configurable views on display at a time
- SensorFlash® internal, non-volatile data storage – Stores settings, calibration/datalogger information and certificates for easy servicing and increased uptime
- Versatile sensors – Requires little to no maintenance and can be installed on pipes as small as 0.5 inches and as large as 394 inches (33 ft) without issue
Whatever your process challenge – SITRANS FS has you covered
Monitoring your processes with accurate clamp-on ultrasonic flow measurement leads to higher transparency, improved productivity – and a better bottom line. To optimize every operation, Siemens offers a comprehensive selection of clamp-on flow sensors, transmitters and complete flow systems.