Clamp-on Ultrasonic Flow Meter
The SITRANS FS230 digital clamp-on ultrasonic flowmeter is a process-optimizing solution for measuring flow in virtually any typical or hazardous area liquid application. Designed to provide rugged and exceptional performance with outstanding cost savings, the FS230 is an ideal fit for many industries requiring high-quality liquid flow measurement – including liquid hydrocarbon, chemical, water and wastewater, HVAC, power, food and beverage, pharmaceutical, mining and pulp and paper, etc. Almost anywhere liquid flows in a pipe, the clamp-on ultrasonic flow meter is ready to meet the challenge.
One of the world’s first digital ultrasonic flow systems, the FS230 features among others:
- Market-leading accuracy and repeatability – Accuracy of 0.5 to 1.0% of flow rate for all liquids/pipe sizes and repeatability of 0.25% according to ISO 11631
- Industry-leading 100 Hz data update rate – Detects even the smallest variations in flow 100 times a second
- Easy to read and use graphic Human Machine Interface (HMI) – Offers intuitive menu-driven navigation as well as step-by-step setup and troubleshooting wizards, with up to 6 user-configurable views on display at a time
- SensorFlash® internal, non-volatile data storage – Stores settings, calibration/ datalogger information and certificates for easy servicing and increased uptime
- Versatile sensors – Requires little to no maintenance and can be installed on pipes as small as 0.5 inches and as large as 394 inches (33ft) without issue
The SITRANS FS230 flow system consists of a SITRANS FST030 transmitter paired with SITRANS FSS200 clamp-on ultrasonic sensors, which are available in three different models: WideBeam® (High-Precision), Universal and High-Temperature.
Updated Hazardous Area Approvals
Download Press Release
This three part video series will walk you through the SITRANS FS230 set-up
Whatever your process challenge – SITRANS F S has you covered
Monitoring your processes with accurate clamp-on ultrasonic flow measurement leads to higher transparency, improved productivity – and a better bottom line. To optimize every operation, Siemens offers a comprehensive selection of clamp-on flow sensors, transmitters and complete flow systems.