Clamp-on ultrasonic flow system
The SITRANS FS230 digital clamp-on ultrasonic flow system offers industry-leading flow measurement accuracy with cost savings in both purchasing and operation. The FS230 clamp-on flow meter is ideal for industries requiring high-quality liquid flow measurement, such as hydrocarbon, chemical, water and wastewater, HVAC, power, food and beverage, pharmaceutical, mining, and pulp and paper. It also works as a non-intrusive interface detector and is capable of measuring flow in petrochemical applications requiring differentiation between changing liquids in a pipeline as well as determination of liquid quality.
Updated release for gas flow measurement applications
Featuring best-in-class performance and user-friendly operation, the SITRANS FS230 is now equipped to handle natural, specialty and process gas as well as liquid flow applications.
Approval options for the FS230 include FM (Factory Mutual) Canada, FM US Class 1 Division 2 and equivalent, ATEX, IECEx, or a selectable option code combining all approvals to provide almost complete worldwide coverage.
Oil flow in refineries is a complex matter. The FS230 clamp-on ultrasonic flow meter with Ex approval accurately tracks the margin and volume being transported in pipeline segments, while keeping the environment protected.
Watch the video to learn more.
One of the world’s first digital ultrasonic flow systems, the SITRANS FS230 features (among others):
- Market-leading accuracy and repeatability – Accuracy of 0.5 to 1.0% of flow rate for all liquids/pipe sizes and repeatability of 0.25% according to ISO 11631
- Available internal AGA 9 gas tables – Simplifying correction for temperature and pressure variations in gas flow
- Industry-leading 100 Hz data update rate – Detects even the smallest variations in flow 100 times a second
- Three resettable totalizers – Allowing simultaneous totalizing for daily, monthly and annual lease production
- Easy to read and use graphic Human Machine Interface (HMI) – Offers intuitive menu-driven navigation as well as step-by-step setup and troubleshooting wizards, with up to 6 user-configurable views on display at a time
- SensorFlash® internal, non-volatile data storage – Stores settings, calibration/ datalogger information and certificates for easy servicing and increased uptime
- Versatile sensors – Requires little to no maintenance and can be installed on pipes as small as 0.5 inches and as large as 394 inches (33 ft) without issue
The SITRANS FS230 flow system consists of an FST030 transmitter paired with FSS200 clamp-on ultrasonic sensors, which are available in three different models: WideBeam® (High-Precision), Universal and High-Temperature.
Updated Hazardous Area Approvals
Download Press Release
External Digital Sensor Link (DSL) Released
Download Press Release
Typical applications: Drinking water supply, water networks, cooling water in power plants, chemical liquids (Ex areas possible), crude oil providers and pipeline operators (product and margin detection, leakage detection, pig runs), gas transport, and gas providers in high pressure grids
Start-up videosThis 3-part video series will walk you through setting up the SITRANS FS230 clamp-on ultrasonic flow meter. Through the use of a display simulator, you will learn the specifics of setting up the flow and piping conditions as well as the flow and totalization outputs.
See Siemens flow meters in action at the Virtual Solutions Center!
The Siemens Virtual Process Automation Solutions Center brings the world of process measurement and control to you – and there's no travel required. "Walk" through our interactive 360-degree technology showcase to learn about innovative solutions for your process plant, including clamp-on ultrasonic flow meters and other instrumentation, apps for remote monitoring and support, next-generation distributed control systems, and much more.
Whatever your process challenge – SITRANS FS has you covered
Monitoring your processes with accurate clamp-on ultrasonic flow measurement leads to higher transparency, improved productivity – and a better bottom line. To optimize every operation, Siemens offers a comprehensive selection of clamp-on flow sensors, transmitters and complete flow systems.