Clamp-on Ultrasonic Flow System
SITRANS FS230 digital clamp-on ultrasonic flow system includes the SITRANS FST030 transmitter and proven-in-use FSS200 sensors. These sensors are ideal for typical applications or for challenging hazardous areas the external electronics module SITRANS FS DSL may be used. The FS230 provides rugged and industry-leading performance with cost savings in both purchasing and operation. It works as a non-intrusive interface detector and is capable of measuring flow in petrochemical applications requiring differentiation between changing liquids in a pipeline as well as determination of liquid quality. The FS230 clamp-on flow meter is ideal for industries requiring high-quality liquid flow measurement, such as hydrocarbon, chemical, water and wastewater, HVAC, power, food and beverage, pharmaceutical, mining, and pulp and paper.
For more than 40 years, Siemens has set new standards in clamp-on flow measurement. They key to optimal signal transmission is a harmonious interplay of the ultrasonic sensors and the pipe wall. Lambwave sensors transmit the signal waves in the resonance range of the pipe, our Wide Beam technology achieves an even more accurate adjustment to the application and pipe characteristics. Especially in difficult conditions, such an exact adjustment to flow characteristics is the key to highly precise measurements.
SITRANS FS230: Updated release for gas flow measurement applications
Featuring best-in-class performance and user-friendly operation, the FS230 is now equipped to handle natural, specialty, and process gas as well as liquid flow applications.
Approval options for the SITRANS FS230 include FM (Factory Mutual) Canada, FM US Class 1 Division 2 and equivalent, ATEX, IECEx, or a selectable option code combining all approvals to provide almost complete worldwide coverage.
One of the world’s first digital ultrasonic flow systems, the FS230 features among others:
- Market-leading accuracy and repeatability – Accuracy of 0.5 to 1.0% of flow rate for all liquids/pipe sizes and repeatability of 0.25% according to ISO 11631
- Available internal AGA 9 gas tables - Simplifying correction for temperature and pressure variations in gas flow
- Industry-leading 100 Hz data update rate – Detects even the smallest variations in flow 100 times a second
- Three resettable totalizers - Allowing simultaneous totalizing for daily, monthly and annual lease production
- Easy to read and use graphic Human Machine Interface (HMI) – Offers intuitive menu-driven navigation as well as step-by-step setup and troubleshooting wizards, with up to 6 user-configurable views on display at a time
- SensorFlash® internal, non-volatile data storage – Stores settings, calibration/ datalogger information and certificates for easy servicing and increased uptime
- Versatile sensors – Requires little to no maintenance and can be installed on pipes as small as 0.5 inches and as large as 394 inches (33ft) without issue
The SITRANS FS230 flow system consists of a SITRANS FST030 transmitter paired with SITRANS FSS200 clamp-on ultrasonic sensors, which are available in three different models: WideBeam® (High-Precision), Universal and High-Temperature.
Updated Hazardous Area Approvals
Download Press Release
External Digital Sensor Link (DSL) Released
Download Press Release
Typical applications: drinking water supply, water networks, cooling water in power plants, chemical liquids (Ex areas possible), crude oil providers and pipeline operators (product and margin detection, leakage detection, pig runs), gas transport and gas providers in high pressure grids.
Whatever your process challenge – SITRANS F S has you covered
Monitoring your processes with accurate clamp-on ultrasonic flow measurement leads to higher transparency, improved productivity – and a better bottom line. To optimize every operation, Siemens offers a comprehensive selection of clamp-on flow sensors, transmitters and complete flow systems.