Clamp-on Ultrasonic Flow Meter
The SITRANS FS230 digital clamp-on ultrasonic flow meter offers a process-optimizing solution for measuring flow in virtually any typical or hazardous area fluid application. The FS230 provides rugged and industry-leading performance with cost savings in both purchasing and operation. It works as a non-intrusive interface detector and is designed for oil applications requiring differentiation between changing liquids in a pipeline as well as determination of liquid quality. The FS230 clamp-on flow meter is ideal for industries requiring high-quality liquid flow measurement, such as hydrocarbon, chemical, water and wastewater, HVAC, power, food and beverage, pharmaceutical, mining, and pulp and paper.
SITRANS FS230: Updated release for gas flow measurement applications
Featuring best-in-class performance and user-friendly operation, the FS230 is now equipped to handle natural, specialty, and process gas as well as liquid flow applications.
Approval options for the SITRANS FS230 include FM (Factory Mutual) Canada, FM US Class 1 Division 2 and equivalent, ATEX, IECEx, or a selectable option code combining all approvals to provide almost complete worldwide coverage.
SITRANS FS230 with Ex approval is built to meet the toughest demands of the hydrocarbon industry
One of the world’s first digital ultrasonic flow systems, the FS230 features among others:
- Market-leading accuracy and repeatability – Accuracy of 0.5 to 1.0% of flow rate for all liquids/pipe sizes and repeatability of 0.25% according to ISO 11631
- Available internal AGA 9 gas tables - Simplifying correction for temperature and pressure variations in gas flow
- Industry-leading 100 Hz data update rate – Detects even the smallest variations in flow 100 times a second
- Three resettable totalizers - Allowing simultaneous totalizing for daily, monthly and annual lease production
- Easy to read and use graphic Human Machine Interface (HMI) – Offers intuitive menu-driven navigation as well as step-by-step setup and troubleshooting wizards, with up to 6 user-configurable views on display at a time
- SensorFlash® internal, non-volatile data storage – Stores settings, calibration/ datalogger information and certificates for easy servicing and increased uptime
- Versatile sensors – Requires little to no maintenance and can be installed on pipes as small as 0.5 inches and as large as 394 inches (33ft) without issue
The SITRANS FS230 flow system consists of a SITRANS FST030 transmitter paired with SITRANS FSS200 clamp-on ultrasonic sensors, which are available in three different models: WideBeam® (High-Precision), Universal and High-Temperature.
Updated Hazardous Area Approvals
Download Press Release
This three part video series will walk you through the SITRANS FS230 set-up
Whatever your process challenge – SITRANS F S has you covered
Monitoring your processes with accurate clamp-on ultrasonic flow measurement leads to higher transparency, improved productivity – and a better bottom line. To optimize every operation, Siemens offers a comprehensive selection of clamp-on flow sensors, transmitters and complete flow systems.