Solutions for Metals Industry
Process Instrumentation and Analytics
Continuous monitoring of the HF concentration in aluminum smelters is a key issue for the optimization of the aluminum production process. The in-situ measuring principle is best suited for this task because it provides the plant operator with measuring data in real-time for fast reaction. Siemens has proven worldwide its competence to plan, engineer, manufacture, implement and service analyzer systems for use in iron and steelmaking plants.
Process instrumentation and analytics are required at several locations within an iron or steel mill.
Gas analyzers and process instruments are used to monitor and control the following issues:
- Economic efficiency and optimization of the entire steel mill operation through continuous monitoring of all process steps including temperature, pressure, level and flow measurements
- Safety of personnel and equipment through monitoring risks of explosion or fire
- Environmental protection through the control systems used for flue gas purification and through monitoring the residual concentrations of pollutants in the flue gas to maintain permissible concentration limits
- Accurate weighing of materials in hoppers, storage bins and transfer cars
- Valve positioning in the coking plant
How can we help you?
Whether you need to measure pressure, temperature, flow, level or weight, Siemens has best-in-class instruments to suit the unique needs of your plant or application - along with a global network of technical support available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our high-performance and cost-efficient range of industrial solutions also includes devices for valve positioning, process protection, recording, controlling, communication and more.