SIWAREX DB digital junction box brings the benefits of digitalization down to the individual analog load cell, including simplified service and reduced downtime. With SIWAREX DB, you can connect a scale with up to four load cells, making it possible to gather and analyze weight measurement data more comprehensively than ever before. SIWAREX DB is easy to add to your existing automation environment – just connect it to SIWAREX weighing electronics for direct integration into SIMATIC S7 or PCS 7 automation systems. Diagnostics and error reports for each connected load cell are shown centrally at the SIMATIC controller or the HMI panel. Due to its rugged housing with IP66 degree of protection, SIWAREX DB is well suited for weighing applications in demanding industry environments.
- Additional diagnostic options due to evaluation of individual load cells
- Integration in SIMATIC via connection to SIWAREX weighing module
- Seamless communication between control and field level, supports tracking of order number and location code
- Easy replacement of analog junction boxes
- Suitable for use in harsh environments due to IP66
- Simplified service: multimeter no longer required
- Fast initial diagnosis via LEDs
Benefits of the single channel monitoring:
- Wire break alarm: indicates load cell is no longer correctly connected
- Impedance measurement: monitors change in load cell resistance
- Monitoring of overload/underload
- Optimize current utilization of individual load cells
How can we help you?
Whether you need to measure pressure, temperature, flow, level or weighing, Siemens has best-in-class instruments to suit the unique needs of your plant or application - along with a global network of technical support available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our high-performance and cost-efficient range of industrial solutions also includes devices for valve positioning, process protection, recording, controlling, communication and more.