Fire and smoke electronic damper actuators
The right fire and smoke device matters when lives matter. Reduce risk with OpenAir™
A comprehensive fire and life safety plan requires a strategic combination of fire and smoke detection, suppression and containment for both active and passive fire protection. Fire and smoke dampers help contain smoke, toxic gases and fire from spreading throughout the building to aid protection of people, property and assets. The right device matters to operate a fire and smoke damper system…not only is it important to meet UL555 and UL555S standards, it’s imperative the devices used mitigate any risk to life safety, are long-lasting and reliable when needed. OpenAir™ actuators uniquely integrate with our patented electronic fusible link for reduced risk and improved protection.
OpenAir fire and smoke damper actuators meet the UL555S standard and the damper manufacturers carry the UL555S listing with their assemblies (damper + actuator). The actuators uniquely integrate with our patented electronic fusible link using a low-voltage electrical connection. With other brands, damper assemblies and installations can vary drastically. OpenAir's unique integrated design changes the game. No extra hardware is required (junction box, conduit, etc.) and everything easily goes together improving assembly consistency and eliminating risk of faulty installation.
- Maximum drive torque: 35 lb-in
- Spring return torque: 35 lb-in
- Temperature rating: 250º F / 30 minutes
- 30-second drive open and 15-second spring return
- Anti-rotation bracket mounted
- Optional auxiliary switch versions available
- Built-in electronic fusible link capability
- Plenum-rated, pre-cabled
- Made in the USA
Electronic Fusible Link:
- Three temperature ratings 165° F, 212° F, and 250° F
- Does not require conduit since wired to low-voltage side of actuator
- Only manufacturer who provides electronic fusible link compatible with fire/smoke damper actuator
- Manual override reset button – simplifies testing and inspection process
Behind the innovation: our engineers explain the advantages of OpenAir for life safety
Every OpenAir actuator built is tested to ensure all critical performance parameters are met…and then we test far beyond acceptable standards to be a reliable, robust, life safety device.
Watch how easy it is to assemble OpenAir fire and smoke damper actuators with our patented electronic fusible link. Easy to assemble by OEMs and easy to replace if needed once installed. The patented electronic fusible link uses low voltage for greater energy efficiency and less hardware.