Pressure independent control valves
An easier delta-T solution
Pressure independent control valves (PICVs) improve system performance and optimize delta-T. Siemens PICVs integrate three functions into a single device. Siemens PICVs have the unique advantage of always maintaining their full stroke, regardless of the maximum adjustable flow setting, to provide better control. This significantly reduces or eliminates hunting for the right actuator setting, resulting in better control and increased comfort. Every Siemens valve and actuator is factory tested and goes above and beyond with rigorous lifecycle testing for higher reliability.The HVAC Integrated Tool (HIT) filters and calculators help you properly size and select the right PICV for your application easily. On-site commissioning is simple thanks to the easy max flow pre-setting and automatic balancing. With Siemens PICVs, there are less components, less installation effort and fewer leak points which leads to no callbacks.
Consists of two-way threaded valves ranging from ½- to 2-inches with maximum flow settings from 0.3 to 50 gpm and flanged valves with line sizes from 2½- to 6 inches with maximum flow settings from 19 to 860 gpm. The differential pressure operating range as low as 2.3 psi to as high as 90 psi. These valves control hot and chilled water with up to 50% glycol over a temperature range of 35° F to 250° F.
Use HIT, our HVAC Integrated Tool, to find the right products for your projects. It’s continually updated with the latest information pricing for accurate planning and budgeting.
- ANSI 250 pressure class threaded valves; ANSI 125 and 250 pressure class flanged valves
- Up to 200 psi close-off with ANSI Class IV (≤0.01%) leakage
- Linear flow characteristic
- Field adjustable maximum flow presetting
- P/T ports kit (optional accessory kit for ½- to 1¼-inch valves; standard on 1½ to 6-inch valves)
- Full range of actuators available
- Optimized performance for greater energy savings
- Longer reliability due to fewer repositions
- Smaller footprint
- Easy installation and fast commissioning -- fewer components to install and simplified balancing for greater cost savings
- System expansions do not require re-balancing of existing system
- Greater controllability and precision due to flow limiter being independent of the stroke of the valve
- Simplified valve sizing
- Air handling units
- Baseboard/radiant heat
- Central plant
- Fan coil units
- Unit ventilators
- VAV reheat
Presetting Flange Valves: Using the tag and table
Flanged PICVs sizes 2.5"-6" are not preset. Refer to the tables shown below for the gpm corresponding to each presetting mark on the valve. This information is also found on the bib tag shipped with the valve (see photo to the right). The tables below are also located in the Technical Instructions (data sheet) for PICV Two-way Cast Iron Flanged Bodies ANSI 125 & 250.
PICVs smaller than 2.5” are preset in the factory.
The ½” to 2” threaded PICV have a presetting scale that is in gpm, so these are not a problem in knowing where to adjust them in the field.
A smaller footprint matters.
No matter how complicated your pipe network, Siemens PICVs are the right fit. No extra piping is required when installing any size of Siemens pressure independent control valves. No extra pipe means reduced material costs and fewer leak points.
Ensure higher level of comfort while reducing costs.
Our two-way PICVs feature an integrated differential pressure regulator that keeps the pressure across the internal control valve constant, while also keeping volumetric flow constant, regardless of pressure fluctuations. This ensures a higher level of comfort under all operating conditions and maintains return temperatures at the right level. HVAC equipment can work easier, generating greater savings in maintenance and repair costs while significantly reducing heating and cooling costs.
Every Siemens valve and actuator is tested right from the factory line to assure longer performance. Siemens goes above and beyond with rigorous lifecycle testing of up to 100K full strokes and up to 1 million repositions for higher reliability
Siemens pressure independent control valves – featured products
Free factory assembly and valve tagging
Valves and valve actuators are assembled and tagged for direct delivery to any jobsite, free of charge. All you do is specify each valve’s location when placing your initial order and we will tag them before shipping to save you installation time and expense.
For questions call 800-516-9964 or
Siemens pressure independent control valves reduce Peachtree Center’s energy usage by 13.8%
Commercial office buildings require a vast amount of energy and water to heat and cool the indoor environment. Peachtree Center was no exception, and the hot, humid Atlanta summers made the challenge even more daunting. Siemens presented Peachtree Center with an innovative and cost-effective solution using pressure independent control valves.
HIT – HVAC Integrated Tool
- Selection – Filters and calculators help you properly size and select the right products for your application
- Replacement – The replacement guide helps you quickly find current Siemens products for other brands and discontinued parts
- Projects – Quickly create project schedules and gather submittal documents for faster bidding to help you win more business
- Ordering – Built-in shopping cart connects to Siemens iMall for faster ordering