Pressure independent control valves
Optimize delta T by maintaining constant flow.
Pressure independent control valves (PICV) integrate three functions into a single device: control valve, adjustable flow limiter, and automatic pressure regulator. The automatic pressure regulator dynamically balances the circuit by maintaining a consistent flow through the valve when differential pressure changes.
Consists of two-way threaded valves ranging from ½- to 2-inches with maximum flow settings from 0.3 to 50 gpm and flanged valves with line sizes from 2½- to 6 inches with maximum flow settings from 19 to 860 gpm. The differential pressure operating range as low as 2.3 psi to as high as 90 psi. These valves control hot and chilled water with up to 50% glycol over a temperature range of 35° F to 250° F.
- ANSI 250 pressure class threaded valves; ANSI 125 and 250 pressure class flanged valves
- Up to 200 psi close-off with ANSI Class IV (≤0.01%) leakage
- Linear flow characteristic
- Field adjustable maximum flow presetting
- P/T ports kit (optional accessory kit for ½- to 1¼-inch valves; standard on 1½ to 6-inch valves)
- Full range of actuators available
- Simplified valve sizing
- Optimized performance for greater energy savings
- Efficient installation and commissioning -- cost savings due to fewer components to install, simplified balancing and fast, trouble-free commissioning
- Greater control resolution and precision due to flow limiter being independent of the stroke of the valve
- Eliminates “hunting,” thus increasing actuator life due to fewer repositions
- System expansions do not require re-balancing of existing system
- Using P/T ports it is easy to validate that the device is operating in the design range for pressure independent functionality
What’s the difference between control valves and pressure independent control valves?
Ensure flow changes only when and where you want it to change with PICVs. Designed for a wide range of applications and equipment for ideal performance.
Free factory assembly and valve tagging
Valves and valve actuators are assembled and tagged for direct delivery to any jobsite, free of charge. All you do is specify each valve’s location when placing your initial order and we will tag them before shipping to save you installation time and expense. For questions call 800-516-9964 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Siemens pressure independent control valves reduce Peachtree Center’s energy usage by 13.8%
Commercial office buildings require a vast amount of energy and water to heat and cool the indoor environment. Peachtree Center was no exception, and the hot, humid Atlanta summers made the challenge even more daunting. Siemens presented Peachtree Center with an innovative and cost-effective solution using pressure independent control valves.