With the number of air travelers expected to double to 7.8 billion by 2036, the challenges facing the aviation market are escalating and the competitions is becoming fierce. At Siemens, we help you take advantage of digitalization to create an airport that works better and smarter and offers a passenger experience that rivals the best facilities in the world.
From building systems to indoor positioning to baggage handling and flight and weather data, we bring together intelligence and actionable insights for a rich user experience and new levels of efficiency, safety, and security.
Traveling with confidence, ease and enjoymentWhen selecting an airport, passengers have more choices than ever and higher expectations, too. They demand shorter waiting times; a comfortable, safe and secure environment; and a place that’s simple to navigate, where they can find their gates, baggage and amenities with ease.
Our solutions connect travelers with airlines, retail, and their surroundings to deliver a more sophisticated passenger experience.
- Indoor Positioning Systems — use geo-location to provide passengers with route information and distances to help them get where they need to be, stress free
- Baggage Performance Dashboard — provides better, faster data to improve decision-making and reduce wait times and congestion
- Mobile Applications — bespoke applications with best-in-class design give passengers greater transparency into airport data so they can use their time more efficiently and increase their spending in retail areas
Optimize your processes, from end to endBasic “lights on” operations can account for 55% of an airport’s costs. Our intelligent infrastructure and data-driven solutions can improve the efficiency of your operations so your time and capital can be invested where they matter most.
We make the connections that make airports work better and smarter. Our solutions integrate systems and collect and analyze data to provide operators with actionable insights that improve how they do business leading to:
- Optimized connecting times
- Maximum uptime of building systems
- Greater reliability of baggage handling systems
- Increased transparency across the board
- Compliance to international standards
Additional services from Siemens, including Asset Performance Services and Condition Monitoring ensure the continuous reliability of all systems, extend asset life and reduce operating expenditures.
Siemens helps you maximize the safety of passengers and staff while improving overall operations and creating a world-class passenger experience. We do this by combining over 100 years of experience in fire and life safety with the latest security and digital technologies and services to create safe and secure spaces.
- Cybersecurity — Cybersecurity safeguards the integrity of your data, reputation and business continuity.
- Services — Digitally enhanced services and applications ensure round the clock safety of passengers.
- Asset Tracking — Intelligent solutions such as Mobile Baggage Vision and Baggage Transfer Booster, enable the tracking of baggage across the entire value chain.
Up to 40% of airport revenue is generated by non-aviation sources. Leveraging an intelligent infrastructure and data-driven insights not only improves your competitiveness it also creates an attractive environment for retailers and other businesses.
Smart, mobile applications that are customized to your facility leverage indoor positioning to highlight retail and other businesses for travelers. They also make your airport more navigable so passengers spend less time in line or finding their way and more time enjoying stores, restaurants and other amenities.
As a world-class leader in building technologies, Siemens provides systems and services that create safe, comfortable and energy-efficient environments. Your tenants will benefit from a desirable space that’s less costly to operate.
The ultimate asset for airlinesYou can help airlines provide a passenger experience that enhances their customer service, brand, and therefore, their success. Whether an airline occupies one gate or a whole terminal, it counts on you to create a sophisticated and smart environment for their customers. The smart use of digitalization transforms your facility into an airport of choice, creating a competitive edge for the airlines that call it home.
Travelers begin forming opinions about an airline well before they board their flights. They want a seamless experience from the curbside to the gate and beyond. By unleashing the power of data, we help you and your partner airlines respond to this customer demand. Our offerings:
- Leverage internal and external sources of data, like baggage info, flight status and even weather reports, to help passengers meet schedules and make connections
- Utilize indoor positioning and facility data to enable wayfinding apps that guide travelers to where they need to be, easily and intuitively
- Integrate building systems with air traffic data and flight information to ensure an ideal environment: one that is safe, secure and comfortable, when passengers arrive at their gates
Offer your airline customers first-class treatment. Our asset tracking systems utilize real-time data to create efficient and reliable baggage handling that can boost reputations while controlling costs per enplanement. And, with intelligent infrastructure, airlines become more energy efficient by employing data analytics and lighting and HVAC strategies that lead to lower consumption and costs.