Large Motor Services
Siemens offers a comprehensive range of services for motors from 800 to 10,000 horsepower in most heavy and process industries supported by test equipment calibrated and traceable to NIST standards. Our technicians and engineers have a wide range of industry and application experience and the resources required to successfully complete all parts of the repair process. Siemens has experience with turnkey solutions including removal, prep for shipment, testing, analyzing, repairing, installation, and start-up.
- Oil & Gas
- Petroleum & Chemical
- Mining & Minerals
- Metal Forging and Recycling
- Water & Wastewater
- Power Generation
- Fiber, PuIp and Paper
- Industrial Refrigeration
- General Processing
Our comprehensive 35,000 square foot Kansas City, MO service center offers the capacity and resources to professionally handle all offsite motor repair and refurbishment requirements.
- 11 ft. x 8 ft. VPI system
- 13.8kV AC and 600V DC testing capability
- 50-ton crane capacity
- 100 square foot test bed
- 500 square foot burn-out oven
- 500 square foot spray booth
- 600-ton press
- 150 square foot bake oven
- Atmospherically controlled clean room
- Complete in-house machine shop
- Oven temperature control and monitoring system
Take advantage of Siemens global engineering resources, extensive engineering records, and more than 100 years of application experience with building and repairing large motors:
- Tailored to customer specifications
- Redesigns for uprates
- Root cause failure analysis
Every motor undergoes an inspection including an exhaustive array of advanced diagnostic tests:
- Core loss
- Phase balancing
We are fully equipped to offer comprehensive in-house machining services on all motors including:
- Balancing up to 15,000 lbs.
- Bearing and shaft replacement
- Dynamic fixed-pedestal balancing
- Lathe up to 16,000 lbs.
Siemens motor rewind procedures surpass industry standards:
- Performed in-house for AC, DC, wound rotor, and synchronous poles
- Tailored to your application and process requirements
- Utilize vacuum pressure
With 24-hour emergency services from Siemens, field motor service technicians can be on your shop floor to get your operation up and running in the shortest possible time.
- Eccentric PdMA testing and analysis
- Electrical and mechanical troubleshooting
- Laser alignment
- PdMA static testing and analysis
- Removal and installation
- Vibration analysis
Yearly maintenance budget cuts can create a reactive, “firefighting” environment in many industrial sites. The economical solution to optimize your capital investment could be to partner with a company that offers results-oriented equipment management techniques. We have helped customers realize these benefits.
- 30% improved motor reliability
- 7 to 15% decreased downtime due to motors
- 30% reduction of replacement motor inventory
- 10 to 30% reduction of total motor maintenance costs
A North American automobile manufacturer needed to improve their motor-related unscheduled production downtime. Before, the reactive to proactive motor maintenance ratio stood at 75:25. This was reversed within the first five years of the Siemens partnership. Additionally, motor-related unscheduled downtime was reduced by 50%. These remarkable trends have continued and, today, the MMRP has evolved into a performance- based partnership that guarantees 95% availability of the plant’s motor assets.
A large tire and rubber manufacturer in the Midwest United States needed to reduce excessive motor repair costs. Utilizing various Siemens MMRP services, the costs were reduced by 40% in the first year. They then implemented Siemens Preventive and Predictive Maintenance modules and relied on Siemens Root-Cause Failure Analysis consultation. This has led to multimillion-dollar savings over more than ten years of increased reliability and performance.
Siemens expanded partner network offers reliable and high-quality repairs, field service, inspections, and large motor modifications. Siemens rigorous certification guidelines ensure extensive technological experience, extensive facility capabilities and sophisticated process expertise in the servicing of large motors.
- Convenient service locations nationwide
- Expert technicians
- Reliable, high-quality repairs
- Fast response and turnaround
1556 East Airport Road
Price, UT 84501
Phone: (435) 637-7291
4140 E Front St
Kansas City, MO 64120
Phone: (816) 241-5544
1650 E. Garfield Avenue,
Decatur, IL. 62526
1521 East Washington Street
Indianapolis, IN 46201
Phone: (317) 639-4261