First choice for maximum dynamics and precision
SIMOTICS L-1FN3 Linear motors
Siemens 1FN3 linear actuators are built in, permanent-magnet synchronous linear motors for directly driving high dynamic linear applications. These motors are preferred for applications that require highly accurate linear path or speed control and a compact design, as well as applications requiring highest availability values. Due to the elimination of gear units, ball screws, rack & pinion systems, or belt transmissions, there are virtually no moving parts in the drivetrain, resulting in a lower probability of failures. SIMOTICS L-1FN3 motors fulfill the highest requirements placed on dynamics, contour accuracy and precision and are optimized for operating high-performance machine tools and production machines. Water-cooled SIMOTICS L-1FN3 motors are available in two versions: for peak load and continuous load.
SIMOTICS L-1FN3 – The benchmark for directly driving linear axesThe water-cooled SIMOTICS L-1FN3 was specially developed for use in machine tools and has been the proven standard for linear motion for years. Its modular principle offers you a comprehensive range of practically wear-free and therefore low-maintenance motor variants in seven different widths with up to five different lengths and several types of action.
- Highest precision linear motion with high dynamic performance
- Enormous force density in a compact design
- Highest traversing velocities for all applications
- Large air gap, therefore extremely rugged against external influences
- Wide range of options depending on the application profile
- Wear-free drive components
- Low lifecycle costs of machines
The motors are designed for operation with SINAMICS S120 high performance drives. The water-cooled SIMOTICS L-1FN3 motors are available in two versions – for peak load operation and continuous load operatio
Technical introduction to SIMOTICS L-1FN3
* Depending on specific motor version and type
LTS and LTSE complete linear motor axes
Siemens has teamed up with Ewellix to develop complete linear packages
The LTS / LTSE complete linear motor axes from Ewellix are units comprising a slide top and a base which are supplied ready for installation and operation. A profile rail guide, the primary and secondary motor parts, a linear encoder including limit switches, limit position dampers and cable trailing device connection are fully integrated into the complete linear axis.
- Ready-to-install complete solution for linear movements including linear guide, slide, linear motor, encoder and power chain
- Linear motors are used together with SINAMICS S120 drives
- Naturally cooled 1FN3 linear motor with rib cooling, integrated in Siemens SINAMICS drive technology (configuration/commissioning tools)
- Customer-specific adaptations of the complete solution possible in coordination with SKF Motion Technologies