SEM3T™ Thermal Monitoring
New to market!
Real-time, continuous, modular thermal monitoring with OSHA compliant safety features, UL approved & CE Certified (Pending Approval), no maintenance, easy installation & access, connected, and user-configurable for your most demanding applications. Suitable for commercial and industrial applications, SEM3T is a reliable and easily installed thermal monitoring solution which can monitor numerous locations within low voltage apparatus including bus joints, lug landings, bus ducts, transformers and circuit breakers. SEM3T sensors can be positioned appropriately to detect ambient temperature, as well as overloaded or poorly conducting electrical connections. Benefiting owners, engineers, and contractors. SEM3T system provides a connected, continuous, and safe (no physical inspection) solution to thermal monitoring designed to save time and money.
SEM3T Product of the Year Silver Award Winner
Siemens SEM3T Thermal Monitoring has been voted one of the best new products of 2021 by the readers of Consulting-Specifying Engineer. The product has taken the Silver award in the Electrical: Fuses, Circuit Breakers, Safety category in the 2021 Product of the Year program!
Features & Benefits
- Saves you money – SIEMENS thermal monitoring system specifically designed to provide 24x7 detection of hotspots at an early stage of development; thus, avoiding potential downtime resulting from Arc Flash / power outage incidents.
- Fast, low-cost installation – The embedded Siemens solution provides a faster and lower cost installation compared to other external systems.
- Safety in mind – SIEMENS thermal monitoring system is safer, more effective way to detect thermal risks before they progress into a major failure. No physical inspection or calibration required, UL certified product
- Minimum space requirements – The embedded switchgear, switchboard and panelboard construction design requires no additional wall space to provide thermal monitoring.
- Reliable and accurate – SIEMENS thermal monitoring system is non-invasive reliable and easily installed thermal monitoring solution which can monitor numerous locations within low voltage apparatus including bus joints, lug landings, bus ducts, transformers, and circuit breakers. Thermal sensors can be positioned appropriately to detect ambient temperature, as well as overloaded or poorly conducting electrical connections.
- Alert notifications – With automated alert notification services the responsibility to acquire the data, store the data and analyze the data is removed from the facility management company, thus saving manpower and time.
- Responsive service – With remote monitoring, continuous 24/7 monitoring can be done by the facility management company or local users. The service can also relay thermal hotspot conditions changes to the owners for immediate investigation.
- Connectivity: Built-in industry standard Modbus TCP communication, IoT enabled device, local /remote cloud monitoring, events, and data logging
- Holistic monitoring: SEM3T can help customers pinpoint problem areas and get early alerts from thermal issues. SEM3T provides a more robust thermal measurement system as compared to IR scan that cannot clearly see obscured connections.
SEM3T was designed with safety in mind. SEM3T can help you pinpoint problem areas and get early alerts from thermal issues. SEM3T provides a more robust thermal measurement system as compared to IR scan that cannot clearly see obscured connections.
SEM3T is a fully outfitted solution for commercial space electrical equipment monitoring. SEM3T can collect and trend thermal data to help you better monitor power connections and extend the lifecycle of electrical components while keeping all the data in one place. Due to the small footprint of SEM3T, integration is simplified. The system can fit into existing electrical equipment leaving more space to conduct business.
SEM3T offers a solution that is ideal for facilities large or small. Whether you are utilizing thermal monitoring to better target planned preventative maintenance or troubleshoot equipment outages for faster return to operations, SEM3T can accurately track and alert abnormal thermal issues. With its competitively advantaged system, SEM3T is a new tool to help reduce maintenance costs with minimal onsite testing.
For many years, scheduled infrared thermography (IR) inspections have been the accepted method for reducing risk of fire by identifying faulty or loose connections in electrical distribution systems. SEM3T is a system specifically designed to provide continuous thermal monitoring. It offers a safer, more effective way to detect thermal risks before they progress into a major failure. The method also delivers up to a 10:1 return on investment due to avoided equipment damage and downtime. Continuous Thermal Monitoring is now enabling safer, more efficient inspection of energized electrical equipment, ensuring electrical asset integrity. This becomes apparent when looking at the technology comparison of SEM3T to IR windows and thermal imaging.
Thermal Monitoring Solution
Connected, continuous, and safe solution – designed to save time and money.