VL Molded Case Circuit Breakers
Compact and modular design to suit a wide range of ratings and applications
The VL family of circuit breakers by Siemens utilizes a compact and modular design which can be configured to suit a wide range of ratings and applications. Circuit breakers are available in continuous current ratings from 30A to 1600A. Each frame is available with three choices of trip unit: thermal-magnetic, electronic and electronic with LCD screen. All VL breakers are available in three interrupting ratings classes up to 100kA at 480VAC. A full array of both internal and external accessories is available for field installation.
Features & Benefits:
- Modular design – The modularity of the VL allows for last minute adaptation, forgives changes in system design and reduces inventory. Just two families of common internal accessories cover the complete range of VL breakers. The accessories are field installable and conveniently located in isolated pockets behind the front cover. No special tools are required.
- Compact size -– Reduced dimensions save panel space, which can reduce the overall system design requirements and therefore material costs.
- Global ratings – VL breakers are designed for global use, allowing the user to serve virtually every market using one design and footprint. All VL breakers are HACR rated.
- Communication capable – Communication is possible over PROFIBUS DP or MODBUS RTU with electronic trip units.
- Breadth of offering– A wide variety of protection options, ampere ratings as well as a full basket of available accessories ensure that Siemens has the product to suit your needs. Most VL breakers are also available with 100% ratings.
- High reliability – most VL components are tested to twice the endurance specified by UL.
Find where to buy Siemens products with our distributor locator and at participating retail partners in the U.S.
Get in contact with our sales support and customer service for low voltage power distribution
Do you need help on a concrete project? Do you need a quote for any of our products or solutions? Do you need support for your installed equipment? Do you have a technical question? Do you need something totally different? You can contact us 24/7. We are looking forward to your call or online request.