tiastar™ smart motor control centers
Profinet, EtherNet I/P, Profibus, Modbus, and other protocols available
Multiple size options and enclosure types available
Available for standard or arc-resistant units
tiastar smart MCCs
tiastar smart motor control center offering includes state-of-the-art motor control technology components and features that offer optimal motor control, protection, power monitoring, communications, and automation interfacing.
Siemens smart MCCs are networked, NEMA compliant motor control centers that can communicate. They incorporate intelligent devices at the unit level to control and monitor motor operation, energy consumption, and power quality. Smart MCCs rapidly communicate with PLCs or process control systems via a data network.
Smart MCCs are internally interconnected using communication protocol, which incorporates intelligent devices such as SIMOCODE pro motor management systems, SIRIUS 3RW44 soft starters, SIMATIC PLCs, Siemens VFDs, and other smart components.
Watch the videos below to learn more about the Siemens tiastar low-voltage motor control center family, the SIERS retractable stabs option, Sm@rtGear solutions, and SIMOCODE technology.
- State-of-the-art smart technology - Featuring fieldbus and ethernet-based communications within the motor control centers in order to simplify your connections to process control systems and controllers.
- Smart components - SIMOCODE pro smart motor controller, SIRIUS 3RW44 soft starters, and SINAMICS G120 drives provide the best combination of performance and information to the customer.
- Flexibility - As your needs grow, available expansion modules offer new functionality.
- Troubleshooting - User-friendly diagnostics tools enable quicker fault identification for easier troubleshooting of problems.
- Reduces wiring connections.
- Improves operational diagnostics.
- Simplifies installation and troubleshooting.
Units are tested from factory to communicate with:
- EtherNet I/P
- Other options.
A breadth of Siemens power circuit breakers, power meters, soft starters, and variable-frequency drives are compatible with tiastar MCCs.
Safety integrated components provide comprehensive and integrated solutions for the manufacturing and process industry that protects machines and the environment, while fulfilling current and future efficiency and flexibility requirements.
For additional information on safety integrated components, the Siemens safety technology concept, please visit usa.siemens.com/safety.