Smart technology for your electrical apparatus product line
Intelligent devices (circuit breakers, relays, meters, etc.) have existed for more than 30 years. These devices are self-monitoring, configurable, and communicating, but individually they are only islands of intelligence. Historically integrated remote monitoring, configuration, and control have only been available with the inclusion of upstream PMCS, PCS, DCS, or SCADA systems. With the advent of Siemens Sma@rtGear™ technology, remote monitoring, configuration, and control are standard features that are integral to the electrical apparatus product.
Plant Engineering 2019 Product of the Year Finalist - Sm@rtGear Mobile
Exciting News! Siemens Sm@rtgear Mobile has been selected as a finalist in the Energy Management category. This cost-effective intelligent solution helps to diminish arc-flash accidents via enhanced safety using remote monitoring, configuration and control. You can help drive continuing innovation in this segment by voting for Sm@rtGear Mobile to win 2019 Product of the Year.
Voting runs from November 14, 2019 through January 10, 2020. Winners will be announced April 28, 2020.
Features and benefits:
- Enhanced arc-flash safety.
- Enables remote monitoring, configuration, and control.
- Gets personnel outside the arc-flash hazard boundary when performing normal circuit breaker operations (OPEN/CLOSE, racking and Dynamic Arc-Sentry activation).
- Greatly reduces internal and external cont.rol wiring for increased product reliability and decreased installation labor.
- Faster commissioning and startup.
- Usage-based preventative and predictive maintenance information.
- Configurable, self-monitoring apparatus that is easier to design, specify, commission, and operate.
Find where to buy Siemens products with our distributor locator and at participating retail partners in the U.S.
Get in contact with our sales support and customer service for power distribution
Do you need help on a concrete project? Do you need a quote for any of our products or solutions? Do you need support for your installed equipment? Do you have a technical question? Do you need something totally different? You can contact us 24/7. We are looking forward to your call or online request.