Residential Surge Protective Devices
Shield your modern home with our residential surge protection solutions
Shield your modern home with the Siemens residential portfolio of surge protection solutions delivering some the industry’s best performance ratings. Our whole-house protection devices defend your property and all the sensitive electronics that are susceptible to surge related activity. The new BoltShieldTM QSPD series and Circuit Breaker & Surge Protective Device offer economical and easy-to-install solution for your house safety.
The new BoltShield QSPD series of surge protection provide the best protection from both externally and internally generated surges and are specifically designed for your residential applications. For cost and space reasons many buildings only include one SPD located at the main incoming load center and do not cascade SPDs throughout the building as recommended by IEEE. The QSPD BASE is ideal for large projects and new customers who need to meet requirements for NEC 2020.
Features and Benefits:
- Diagnostic monitoring – green/red visual mechanical flag failure indicators
- Protected by a 3-year, $10,000 Warranty
- Cascading – multiple QSPDs can be stacked in a single load center for increased modes of protection and surge capacity
- Modes of protection – the electrical system's primary paired conductor combinations of L-N, L-G, and L-L are directly surge protected
- Small footprint – BoltShield QSPD fits in footprint of Siemens QP 2 pole breaker
- Standard compliance and certifications:
- UL 1449 4th Edition, cUL, UL 96A compliant, ANSI/IEEE C62.41.1-2002, C62.41.2-2002, C62.45-2002, NEC Article 285
- ISO 9001:2014 quality management system, ISO 17025:2007 laboratory certification (UL DAP Program), 100% quality tested prior to shipping
The Siemens circuit breaker and Surge Protective Device (SPD) offers a highly effective TVSS integrated with two 1-pole circuit breakers. This device incorporates the robust features of a secondary circuit breaker surge arrester with a lower clamping voltage rating.
Features and Benefits:
- 2-inch wide plug-on design
- Two 1-pole circuits breakers which offers no loss of load center spaces
- Protected by a 2.5-year, $20,000 warranty
- Easy to install and perfect for retrofit
- LEDs provide protection status
- Two green LED indicator lights are provided to show that surge protection is provided for all circuits connected to the panelboard. As a Siemens exclusive feature, the device notifies the owner about the loss of surge protection by tripping one or both circuit breakers. These breakers should be used for circuit protection of frequently used household circuits as the lights and devices connected to these circuits provide an effective indication that surge protection is being provided.
- If one or both circuit breakers have tripped, a user should turn both circuit breakers to the "OFF" then "ON" position. If either light is not illuminated, the device may still be used for circuit protection, but surge protection is no longer provided, and the device should be replaced by a qualified electrician.
- The circuit breaker and SPD utilize Siemens-built 150V AC, 40mm, metal oxide varistors (MOVs). The maximum impulse rating for the SPD module is 40kA. The standard interrupting rating for the circuit breakers is 10k AIC. The circuit breakers are SWD and HACR rated.
- All Type QP circuit breakers and SPD are plug-on style, with load terminals provided. The devices are rated for 120/240V AC and are calibrated for 40 degrees C maximum ambient applications.
The FirstSurgeTM line of surge products offer solutions for both residential and commercial. The balanced defense and robustness of the FirstSurge units provide assurance to property owners that their modern homes, buildings and appliances are fully protected.
Features and Benefits:
- Surge current capacity – the line offers three different surge protector sizes based upon geographic location and thunderstorm activity.
- 3-Staged– when the device wears out, the protection status LEDs extinguish, an audible alarm beeps, and a red service light flashes to warn the property owner.
- Modes of protection – the electrical system's primary paired conductor combinations of L-N, L-G, and N-G are directly surge protected.
- Balanced VPR protection – all primary paired conductors are surge protected in a balanced manner with 600V UL1449 VPRs.
- Ground reference monitoring – GRM diagnostics monitor the health of a unit’s neutral to ground bond and alert the property owner if the bond becomes loose, preventing a potential safety issue.
- Safety – FirstSurge can achieve UL1449 listed 100kA SCCR - one of the highest ratings for residential surge protection.
- Surge current capacities: 60,000A / 100,000A / 140,000A
- Compatibility – device installs in any load center brand
- 10-year product and connected equipment warranty
FS060 - $50,000
FS100 - $75,000
FS140 - $100,000
Siemens' line of TPS3 SPDs consistently assures optimal performance through direct bus bar connections or minimal cable connections. This translates to some of the industry's best installed voltage protection ratings (VPRs) and surge current capacities ranging from 50kA to 1000kA. With the wide range of current capacities, the TPS3 product line can satisfy both commercial and residential applications as long as the voltage level matches the installation needs. Purchase a TPS unit to connect to a load center or configure a TPS unit to be factory in switchgear, switchboards, panelboards, MCCs, and busway.
Features and Benefits:
- TPS TranSafe Enabled – Our patented TranSafe fault current protection circuitry provides peace of mind that your electronic loads are protected and that your electrical system will not go down due to SPD fault control operations.
- Integral or Internally Mounted for Optimized Protection – Internal surge protection dramatically reduces installation impedance allowing for superior installed suppressed voltage capabilities.
- SAD/MOV Hybrid Suppression – For mission critical applications needing the absolute best suppressed voltage, our hybrid SAD/MOV suppressors combine tight clamping technology with integrated suppression, delivering the strongest installed protection capabilities available.
- Retrofits – TPS3 01 and TPS3 09 Field retrofit within our P1 and our previous S1 distribution panel boards. When your needs change, Siemens TPS gives you the flexibility to retrofit Siemens panels with internal surge protection replicating factory installation.
- Low Suppressed Voltage Ratings – TPS Family offers some of the lowest UL 1449 listed suppressed voltage ratings available, meaning your electronics will last longer when compared to SPDs with higher ratings.
- Protected by 10 year warranty for SPD replacement. Exception – TPS3 03 units have a 5-year warranty for SPD replacement.
Find where to buy Siemens products with our distributor locator and at participating retail partners in the U.S.
Get in contact with our sales support and customer service for low voltage power distribution
Do you need help on a concrete project? Do you need a quote for any of our products or solutions? Do you need support for your installed equipment? Do you have a technical question? Do you need something totally different? You can contact us 24/7. We are looking forward to your call or online request.