Whole House Safety
A modern electrical system for Whole House Safety
A modern electrical protection system includes circuit breakers and load centers, ground fault circuit interrupters and surge protection devices, as well as AFCIs (arc fault circuit interrupters). Each of these devices is designed to protect people and their possessions against different electrical dangers. Installed together, they achieve Whole House Safety.
Good to know Safety Facts
- AFCI Breakers can prevent 50% of residential home fires.
- The CPSC found 47% of electrocutions could be prevented with GFCI protection in homes.
- Frequently tripped circuit breakers or flown fuses and cracking, sizzling or buzzing from outlets can be signs of an overloaded circuit. 47,700 home fires in the US are caused by electrical failure or malfunction each year.
- NEMA estimates that 60-80% of surges originate from international sources (within a home or business). Keep your valuable electronics safe byprotecting them from the surges that can damage or destroy them.
- Each year 2,400 children in the US are treated for injuries caused by outlets. 1/3 of parents do not have outlets childproofed. Install Tamper Resistant Receptacles.
Siemens is a proud supporter of The Electrical Safety Foundation International (ESFI)
Electrical Safety Foundation International (ESFI), a non-profit organization dedicated exclusively to promoting electrical safety in the home, school, and workplace. Please review their valuable resources to learn how you can keep your whole family safe.
Troubleshooting for Residential HomesBecause the purpose of a breaker is to prevent overloads and arcs from leading to a shocking hazard or fire, it is understandable that any unexpected tripping of a breaker would cause concern to a home owner. Qualified electricians are the first line of support in troubleshooting the cause of these events, but if the root cause is not able to be found, Siemens provides experts to support them during the troubleshooting process.
Get in contact with our sales support and customer service for low voltage power distribution
Do you need help on a concrete project? Do you need a quote for any of our products or solutions? Do you need support for your installed equipment? Do you have a technical question? Do you need something totally different? You can contact us 24/7. We are looking forward to your call or online request.