B-2 regulator bypass medium-voltage disconnect switches and assemblies
Rated continuous current up to 900 A
Lightning impulse (BIL) up to 200 kV
B-2 medium-voltage regulator bypass disconnect switches
A versatile bypass solution, the type B-2 bypass switch is purposely designed as a recloser bypass and can also be used as a regulator bypass. Underhung and angled pole-mounting brackets contribute to ease of installation.
Watch the video below to learn more about Siemens medium-voltage air-break disconnect switches.
Recloser or regulator bypassing to reduce the impact of equipment maintenance on network reliability.
- Robust square-tubular copper blades.
- Porcelain or polymer insulators
- Stop-position angle
- Left- or right-hand bypass operation
- Custom terminal arrangements
- Loadbreak hooks.
Bypass recloser assembly type B-2
Siemens type B-2 bypass assembly offers quick and simple installation. Originating from the reliable B-2 single-phase switch, all three-phase units ship preassembled on the crossarm for easy installation at the site, which reduces time and overall installation costs. A B-2 bypass assembly is customizable with porcelain or polymer insulators and galavanized or fiberglass bases. The assembly provides a means for bypassing and disconnecting pole-mounted reclosers. Proper sequence operation allows the recloser to be bypassed and isolated from the system.
- Reduce downtime when maintenance is required
- Minimize installation time through pre-assembly.
Features and benefits:
- 15.0 kV, 25.0 kV and 38.0 kV voltage ratings
- Factory installed on galvanized or fiberglass arm
- Adjustable pole gain provides angling option per field conditions
- Single- or double-point lift bracket
- Arm length 8’ (2.4 m), 10’ (3.0 m), or 12’ (3.7 m) (custom phase-spacing available)
- Customer terminal pad options to simplify terminal connections
- Easy identification of bypass blades in open or closed position
- Three-pull design
- Square copper-tube blades
- High-pressure coin silver contacts
- Load-break hooks available
- Left- or right-hand bypass blade
- Custom configurations available
- Coastal environment options
- Quick installation
- Factory adjusted.
Visit us in booth #1150 at IEEE PES T&D Conference and Exposition 2020 October 13-15 at McCormick Place South in Chicago, IL
"A world class event. A powerful experience." See the strength and robustness of Siemens medium-voltage distribution products and solutions on display including:
- The debut of Siemens new SDV-R-AR arc-resistant outdoor circuit breaker ideal for renewable applications.
- Overhead solutions like the CMR compact modular recloser, a lightweight reduced maintenance alternative to traditional oil-filled reclosers, the Fusesaver, the world's fastest medium-voltage circuit breaker now with rechargeable communications module, plus disconnect switches and bypass assemblies.
- 8DA10 gas-insulated switchgear with its isolated phase-design that virtually eliminates phase-to-phase faults and has a footprint up to 75% smaller than traditional air-insulated switchgear.
- GM-SG air-insulated switchgear with SIERS integrated closed door electrical-racking system, which helps provide additional personnel protection against arc-flash exposure for operators.