B-2 regulator bypass medium-voltage disconnect switches and assemblies
Rated continuous current up to 900 A
Lightning impulse (BIL) up to 200 kV
B-2 medium-voltage regulator bypass disconnect switches
A versatile bypass solution, the type B-2 bypass switch is purposely designed as a recloser bypass and can also be used as a regulator bypass. Underhung and angled pole-mounting brackets contribute to ease of installation.
Watch the video below to learn more about Siemens medium-voltage air-break disconnect switches.
Recloser or regulator bypassing to reduce the impact of equipment maintenance on network reliability.
- Robust square-tubular copper blades.
- Porcelain or polymer insulators
- Stop-position angle
- Left- or right-hand bypass operation
- Custom terminal arrangements
- Loadbreak hooks.
Bypass recloser assembly type B-2
Siemens type B-2 bypass assembly offers quick and simple installation. Originating from the reliable B-2 single-phase switch, all three-phase units ship preassembled on the crossarm for easy installation at the site, which reduces time and overall installation costs. A B-2 bypass assembly is customizable with porcelain or polymer insulators and galavanized or fiberglass bases. The assembly provides a means for bypassing and disconnecting pole-mounted reclosers. Proper sequence operation allows the recloser to be bypassed and isolated from the system.
- Reduce downtime when maintenance is required
- Minimize installation time through pre-assembly.
Features and benefits:
- 15.0 kV, 25.0 kV and 38.0 kV voltage ratings
- Factory installed on galvanized or fiberglass arm
- Adjustable pole gain provides angling option per field conditions
- Single- or double-point lift bracket
- Arm length 8’ (2.4 m), 10’ (3.0 m), or 12’ (3.7 m) (custom phase-spacing available)
- Customer terminal pad options to simplify terminal connections
- Easy identification of bypass blades in open or closed position
- Three-pull design
- Square copper-tube blades
- High-pressure coin silver contacts
- Load-break hooks available
- Left- or right-hand bypass blade
- Custom configurations available
- Coastal environment options
- Quick installation
- Factory adjusted.