Fusesaver™ medium-voltage circuit breaker
Rated short-time withstand current up to 6.3 kA
Rated continuous current up to 200 A
Lightning impulse (BIL) up to 125 kV
Fusesaver circuit breaker
As the world's fastest medium-voltage outdoor vacuum circuit breaker, Fusesaver circuit breaker reduces the impact of temporary faults on lateral lines. Its sub-cycle operating time and wireless communications help utilities increase network reliability while minimizing operating costs of overhead medium-voltage networks.
Watch the videos below to learn more about Siemens Fusesaver medium-voltage circuit breaker.
Saves fuses from blowing due to transient faults or completely replaces fuses. Cal Fire exempt for use in wildfire-prone regions.
- Sub-cycle breaking
- Self-powered from less than one ampere line current
- Encrypted wireless communications
- Multi-phase operation
- Lightweight at 12 lbs.
- Battery backup
- Load breaking up to 200 A
- Inrush restraint
- Cold-load pickup.
- Rechargeable battery
- Conductor, crossarm, or pole mounting
- SCADA connectivity with remote control unit.
Visit us in booth #1150 at IEEE PES T&D Conference and Exposition 2020 October 13-15 at McCormick Place South in Chicago, IL
"A world class event. A powerful experience." See the strength and robustness of Siemens medium-voltage distribution products and solutions on display including:
- The debut of Siemens new SDV-R-AR arc-resistant outdoor circuit breaker ideal for renewable applications.
- Overhead solutions like the CMR compact modular recloser, a lightweight reduced maintenance alternative to traditional oil-filled reclosers, the Fusesaver, the world's fastest medium-voltage circuit breaker now with rechargeable communications module, plus disconnect switches and bypass assemblies.
- 8DA10 gas-insulated switchgear with its isolated phase-design that virtually eliminates phase-to-phase faults and has a footprint up to 75% smaller than traditional air-insulated switchgear.
- GM-SG air-insulated switchgear with SIERS integrated closed door electrical-racking system, which helps provide additional personnel protection against arc-flash exposure for operators.