8DJH 36 metal-enclosed, arc-resistant, gas-insulated switchgear
Rated short-time withstand current up to 25 kA
Rated normal current up to 600 A
Lightning impulse (BIL) up to 170 kV
Tested to IEEE C37.20.7, type 2B
Gas-insulated, medium-voltage, metal-enclosed, arc-resistant switchgear
Medium-voltage, gas-insulated switchgear 8DJH 36 can be arranged as a node in various applications. Its modular construction and configuration flexibility set the standard, particularly at the distribution level up to 38 kV. Functions can be arranged variably - not only within a section, but also in more complex switchgear lineup layouts. 8DJH 36 switchgear is suitable for implementation into almost all designs requiring various configurations. Additionally, all individual sections and lineups can be extended optionally.
The compactness of 8DJH 36 enables effective utilization of existing switchgear rooms. Plus, new buildings can be constructed smaller because of its size, and therefore at a considerably lower cost. 8DJH 36 helps economic utilization of land, especially in urban areas, and enables the ability of points of supply to be installed closer to consumers, thus also helping to reduce energy losses.
Also, with an available outdoor enclosure, 8DJH 36 can fit into existing solar farm skid solutions with a transformer and inverter.
- Type-tested to IEC 62271-200 and IEEE C37.20.7
- Compliant with IEEE Std 37.20.9 and CSA C22.2 No. 31-18
- Sealed pressure system with SF6 filling for the entire service life
- Climate and environment independent
- Safe-to-touch enclosure and standardized connections for plug-in terminations
- Three-pole, gas-insulated switchgear vessel for switching devices and busbar
- Lineups and single sections available
- Switching devices: three-position, switch disconnector (OPEN – CLOSED – GROUND), and circuit breaker for distribution transformer protection, vacuum circuit breaker with three-position disconnector
- Grounding function of switching devices generally make-proof
- Viewing and lighting system (VLS) without auxiliary power supply to fulfill the NEC requirement for checking the position of the three-position switch
- Metal-enclosed, partition class PM
- Loss of service continuity category for switchgear: LSC 2
- Helps improve operator safety with internal arc classification to IEEE C37.20.7 (option):
- Type 1B up to 25 kA, 0.5 s (wall-standing arrangement)
- Type 2B up to 25 kA, 0.5 s (free-standing arrangement)
- Outdoor enclosure for up to four sections (option for eight sections on request)
- Outdoor enclosure with weatherproofing test to IEEE C37.20.9
- UL or cUL certificate available for the switchgear.
Improving electrical safety by design
Learn about how our products, solutions, and services can help address various challenges at your facility.