Emergency Power Systems
- Complete systems are custom designed and fully manufactured by Russelectric®.
- All systems are UL listed.
- Incorporate a variety of sophisticated control functions such as peak shaving and load curtailment.
- IProgrammable logic controllers (PLCs) are used extensively for system control.
- Designed for maximum safety and operating simplicity.
- SCADA capable.
- Touchscreen control available.
- Alarm and failure system, including annunciation, automatically shuts down an engine generator if required.
- Redundant PLCs ensure uninterrupted automatic system control — even if one fails.
- System design allows manual start and synchronization of generator sets if automatic controls malfunction.
- 15″ LCD HMI touchscreen displays, system one-line, alarms, setpoints, etc.
- Optional load demand sensing determines the number of engine generators in operation based on the external load.
- Upon receipt of loss of normal power source signal from automatic transfer equipment, system automatically sends command to start engine generator.
- The first generator set to reach pre-set voltage and frequency is connected to the bus by closing its circuit breaker.
- System permits first priority loads to transfer to the connected engine generator set, while delaying the transfer of lower priority loads until additional generator capacity has been connected.
- System manages random paralleling of remaining generator sets to the emergency bus through their individual synchronizers and circuit breakers.
- System signals lower priority loads to transfer to the emergency power system as generator sets are added to the bus.
- System manages the shedding of low priority loads if a generator set fails during emergency operation, thereby assuring continuous power to the high priority loads.
- Upon receipt of signal from transfer equipment that it has retransferred to the normal source, system alerts generator sets to disconnect and shut down.
Find an area sales representative near you
Russelectric - A Siemens Business (Broken Arrow, OK)