Use of renewable energy sources is growing at a tremendous pace. A once static power generation landscape of large, central power plants is transitioning into a flexible, intelligent, and increasingly renewable distributed system. When it comes to state-of-the-art power grids, Siemens offers innovative solutions and comprehensive experience across the entire range of technology for solar photovoltaic systems.
- Cost efficient design (easier transport than a containerized solution)
- Open outdoor elements for efficient cooling and maximized cost reduction
- Comprehensive “plug-and-play” solution for quick installation and commissioning
- Highest power density for utility-scale PV plants
Whether you are looking to develop large utility scale solar projects, onsite solar at your location or developer owned solar farms, Siemens has the solution for your configuration. From our world class electrical equipment to our cutting-edge string and central inverter technology, easily streamline your solar system design and grid connection with our Inverter-to-grid solutions.
Full electrical balance of plant solutions
The Smart Distribution Recloser (SDR) 3AD is a flexible outdoor vacuum switching device – pole or structure-mounted - that can trip and reclose up to nine times in case of a temporary line fault, thus avoiding longer network interruptions. The SDR offers reliable operation even in toughest climate conditions, like solar power plants.
Siemens switchboards design has been aimed at improving layout convenience, reducing installation costs and minimizing the impact and cost of system changes. In addition, our environmentally friendly panelboard designs also simplify wiring and reduce material requirements, saving additional installation time.
Solar Investment Tax Credit
The Solar ITC Tax Credit, currently at 26% in 2020, is a great opportunity to optimize the financials of both distributed and utility scale solar projects. Siemens has extensive experience with ITC Safe Harbor agreements using multiple different options, including inverters, skids and other Balance of Plant equipment. Here are just a few of Siemens ITC capabilities:
- 100% success rate in meeting ITC requirements on multiple projects
- Safe Harbor equipment can include inverters, portions of skids and full skids
- Siemens has 300MW of capacity left for 2020
- No Executive Order risk
- Silicon Carbide Tech = Best temperature de-rating characteristics
Interested in learning more? Fill out the below contact form and talk to a Siemens Solar expert to see how we can help.
A special you'll want to gobble up!
Solar Inverter Special...extended through November
Siemens is offering special pricing for our 2-5 mW solar inverters on orders placed by November 30th.
- Valid for Central Inverter Skids, String Inverter Skids and Loose String Inverters
- All products made in Germany (no tariff risk and no Executive Order risk)
- Valid for orders placed by November 30, 2020
Contact us today to learn more!