Crossings – Road control
On the level with proven crossings technology
Whether for brand-new or retro-fitted installation: Siemens portfolio of road equipment for level crossing systems worldwide features components designed to be fully compatible and future-proof.
Efficiency meets safetyWherever railway lines cross a road, increased safety features are needed. Siemens provides grade crossing auxiliary products that make level crossings safer and more reliable for train operators and passengers alike. They are used with great success by railway operators throughout the world, and demonstrate the expertise of Siemens in the field of efficient level crossing technology.
Gate mechanisms: Drives as strong as their reputation
Siemens series of grade crossing gate mechanisms have a proven, robust reputation built on: strong, cast aluminum housings, maintenance-free bearings as well as reliable gear train and rotary circuit controllers. Future-oriented inline gear motors and electric brake combinations replace older motor and electromechanical hold clear devices with modern technology.
The Siemens S-60 series grade crossing gate mechanisms are ideal for operating grade crossing entrance and exit barrier arms up to 40' (12 m) in length.
The patented bi-directional lock bar is used to securely lock the gate arm in any position to allow field personnel to perform maintenance functions.
Diagnostic LEDs on the PC board monitor the condition of the mechanism, making it possible to diagnose it without the use of a meter. An integrated maintenance switch helps enable a low mean time to restore (MTTR) by providing a simple method to move the gate mechanism to the horizontal position. This is required to replace the gate arm after a knockdown.
- Low-maintenance, weatherproof design
- 90% spare part compatibility between entrance and exit gate mechanisms reduces cost of ownership
- Integrated PC board with over-speed control
- Adjustable circuit to set descend times
- Electronic auto-reset overload for motor protection
- Standard gate mechanism is equipped with four cam and contact arrangements
- Maintenance operation to power down counterweights when the gate arm is broken
- Single and two-wire gate control capability
- Horizontal and vertical buffers which are adjustable from outside of mechanism
- Lifting eyebolt for ease of installation